High School Musical
Auditions are open to anyone 7-21 who has participated in a Take One production, class or camp.
Auditions are being done by appointment on the following dates/times:
- Sunday November 10th 10:00 am to 1:00 pm
- Monday November 11th 4:00 pm to 6:30 pm
- Wednesday November 13th 4:00 pm to 6:30 pm
Please email Matthew Surico at firstname.lastname@example.org with the days/times you'd be available.
Please prepare 16-32 bars of any song in the style of the show. You must bring sheet music (preferred) or a karaoke CD. An accompanist will be provided.
Callbacks will follow on Sunday, November 17th at 3:30pm
The following roles have been cast: RYAN, SHARPAY, MS. DARBUS and COACH BOLTON.
All other roles are open.
- TROY BOLTON, captain of the basketball team
- CHAD DANFORTH, number two on the basketball team, Troy's best friend
- ZEKE BAYLOR, has a secret passion for baking
- JASON CROSS, the strong, silent type
- Ensemble of JOCKS
- JAMES, an earthworm expressionist
- SUSAN, overwrought with emotion
- CATHY, a little too eager
- ALAN, has a flair for couture
- CYNDRA, has operatic aspirations
- 2 PERFORMANCE ART KIDS, just plain creepy
- Ensemble of THESPIANS
- GABRIELLA MONTEZ, the shy new girl at school
- TAYLOR MCKESSIE, president of the Science Club
- MARTHA COX, has a secret passion for hip-hop
- KRATNOFF, a history buff
- Ensemble of BRAINIACS
THE SKATER DUDES
- RIPPER, has a secret passion for the cello
- MONGO, a little slow on the uptake
- Ensemble of SKATER DUDES
- JACK SCOTT, the PA announcer, a.k.a. The Velvet Fog of East High
- KELSI NEILSON, the mousey composer of Juliet and Romeo
- 6 WILDCAT CHEERLEADERS
- PARTY KIDS, guests in the ski-lodge flashback
- FANS/SPECTATORS, at the basketball championship game and the Science Decathlon
Rehearsal will begin on Monday, November 18th 4:30-630. Rehearsals will be on Mondays 430-630 ONLY until January. Other rehearsals pre-January may be scheduled based on availability. Beginning in January, we will have rehearsals Monday and Wednesday 4:30-6:30 and Saturday 10:00 am-1:00 pm. Possible Tues/Thurs may occur dependent on availability. If you are involved with the acting class or Special Players you are allowed to be at those events Monday & Wednesday EXCEPT OUR TECH WEEK!
The production fee for this production is $75.
Performance Schedule is:
- Saturday, February 15 at 1:00pm & 8:00pm
- Sunday, February 16 at 1:00pm
- Saturday, February 22 at 1:00pm
- Saturday, March 1 at 1:00pm
Director - Matthew Surico
Any further questions can be directed to the Take-One Office
by phone: 631-569-2148.